I’m Emma. Welcome to my blog, Writing Ventures!
I’m a fantasy writer who lives a slightly eccentric life with my accommodating husband and our charming, neurotic dog. My debut book, Whirl, is the first book in the Ondine Quartet, a new young adult urban fantasy/paranormal romance series. You can visit my author site for more details on my books and writing.
Writing Ventures covers my life and some of my thoughts on the creative and writing process.
Other Random Things About Me:
- Coffee and Diet Coke addict
- Practitioner of vipassana meditation
- Love to cook and am a total foodie (Currently trying to live a Paleo lifestyle, though the diet coke addiction remains problematic)
- Music I like: classical as well as standard stuff (I have a particular fondness for Eminem, as well as pop music from the 80s.)
- Love to collect Moleskines or other beautiful notebooks
- Obsessed with anything Mac or iPhone related
- Have a huge crush on Christian Bale and an odd fascination with Roger Federer
- Like to challenge and beat my husband on Wii
- Huge animal lover
- I enjoy movies more than TV, although I like watching j-dorama (Japanese tv shows)